fem-i-nism: n. 1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes 2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests | dro-mo-man-i-a: compulsive longing for travel

Thursday, June 01, 2006

today

so i'm officially done with chinese 101! yay! took my last test today, and i'm pretty confident i passed, but i have no clue as to an actual guess, and honestly, i won't even guess. we'll see when i get my marks in a few weeks.

i went to the optomotrist and within five minutes of me sitting down, she told me my eyes hated my contacts and they were drying out because of them. ironically, i'd changed contacts right before i got down here to a more breathable kind. but climate changes and all that make for no goodness for my poor little eyes, which usually look so bloodshot i've been asked on more than one occasion if i've been smoking weed. so she's got me on drops and we're going to trial some of the newest kinds on the market. is it weird that i think my eye doctor is this cool?

anyway, i went to the StudVille mid-winter dinner, which was pretty uneventful, save for the end when poor nathalie broke down crying, thinking about everyone leaving, plus news that she didn't get an interview for a job she REALLY wanted. it's going to be an emotional next few weeks. i can't believe it's just going to be the two of us soon...

lastly, i went to a performance of "The Laramie Project" that the theatre studies department put on. i was suitably impressed. okay, i was put off by how the ones who attempted american accents did southern ones, when they should have been speaking in my own rocky mountain non-accent, but they did a good job of it.

do i have no soul for crying during the performance during the vigil scene, but not with nathalie? after all, i love my friends here. i just haven't been able to cry for them yet. i know i will, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home